• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

failed overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ir0nman

I have a rev 1.04 A7N8x that I was running around 202-205 FSB on with my corsiar 333mhz mem. Since I have gotten my 9800 pro I've lost the ability to go over 200 FSB even with my new Geil Golden dragon 3500, I figure it is from the extra heat the 9800 pro is putting out(I upgraded from a GF4 4200). Right now the board has no mods, so my question is, do you guys think I have a better chance of getting my rig up to speed by modding my current board, or selling it and getting a NF7-S rev 2.0? Thanks for the imput guys.

Ir0nman

If u have the money just buy the Nf7-S rev2. the Asus 1.4 was never made to do 400fsb out of the box but the bois revisions might help. Only thing to do is mod it to get the speed u want on the fsb. If your comfortable with electronics and understand what to do then mod it. Just use SMD grappers so not to ruin your board by soldering.

Back