• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HEEEELLLLP ASAP PLease, problem with AGP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gulp35

I have a revision 1.1 8RDA+. I have an old GF2 MX card that I was planning on using before I put in my GF4 to flash the BIOS, but that one won't fit in the AGP slot!!! Will my GF4 fit (Leadtek Ti4400)? Will it fry because I didn't flash the BIOS?

Please Help!!!

I'll answer the only part i think i can kinda understand. A card won't fry from not flashing it..

AGP

From what ive been reading it isnt a case of the board frying the vid cards, its from them being installed with the ram slot clips open and the clip rips a transistor off the video card causing it to be dead. Its not the boards doin it or bios problems or anything like that. Check out 8RDA.com about the caution installing long video cards as well as in you epox book that came with the board (page 3-9) shows it on my book I also belive i read about it on the epox site.
HTH
Shane

the fried gf4 problem was from people not being careful when installing the card and dammageing it on the ram clip. (as AMDninja said). Just be careful, youl be fine.

I got the Vid Card installed and have no problems. what I was talking about eariler was that I got a cheap ($4) Matrox vid card from a computer show. When i tried to install that card i found that It wouldn't fit even though it was an AGP card.

So I thought that maybe my board was defective or something that it wouldn't be able to install my GF4 because it was alittle off or something.

Thanks for your help!!!

I know what you're talking about, really old AGP cards will not fit in newer mobos.

Back