• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit or Asus?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Perre

I was wondering if I should get Abit IC7-G or Asus P4P800 DELUXE. I've had great experince with both in the past, but atm I'm running my stuff on a IT7max and I just love it.

Here's the deal:
I'm buying a Intel P42.4C processor and my other stuff are things like; Sapphire radeon 9700PRO, 120+120+80 Western digital disks. I just bought the 2 120gb western disks and I know that If I buy IC7-G I wont be able to run them in raid0 since abits mobo doesn't support IDE-disks in raid :(

What are the pros and cons for getting one of these cards?

All ideas and comments are welcome :)

I've never used an Asus, but my experience with Abit has been great! I have an NF7-S and it overclocks like a pro. Every BIOS option you could ever ask for, and I'm sure the IC7 would be just as great. Go ABIT!

I have the abit board and it is great. Watch that you get the newer board with the better northbridge heatsink. You can run those disks in a raid with some serial adapters and use the ich5r raid. I have had nothing but a good response frm this motherboard and heartily recommend:)

everyone said go Abit
i can only say that abit and asus are very good boards so u can't do wrong choice
;)

Whatever you do dont get the Abit, I have had so many Abits die/be DOA and just plain be finnicky lousy boards I have a Semi Religious tribal aversion to Abit Motoherboards.

well since I'm running on a Abit IT7max atm I must say that I look positive on all Abit cards.

I've got 3 TH711s, 2 IT7s, and 1 NF7. I built rigs for my brothers, with 3 TH7s, and another IT7.

So far, no problems at all.

steve

i would go asus but pick the p4c800-e deluxe
its the best board out i would say im running it and its so nice to own.

just look at the abit site and look how much info they geve you own there own boards then look at asus asus hase more features and also knows more about there own board they even give you a list of what ram will give you the best preformance.
with the
PAT, Multi-RAID for ATA133 & Serial ATA,
AI Overclocking and all go asus well at lease look at this

http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/socket478/p4c800-e_d/overview.htm

and compare it to this

http://www.abit.com.tw/abitweb/webj...p?pPRODUCT_TYPE=MotherBoard&pMODEL_NAME=IC7-G

these are both top of the line boards
but asus is 10/10 and abit is 7/10

Back