• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

alright, thats it my 1800+ can't be OCed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nebuchadnazzar

i have an AMD 1800+ xp palomino cpu on a asus A7V266 mobo and it's impossible to change the multiplyer! Using the pictures on www.ocinside.de like this one
http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/pinmod/amd_pinmod.html
I tryed silver conductive paint on the L1 and L3 dots, as well as wires to connect pins in the cpu's socket (i try changing it in bios aswell). the multiplyer is always stuck at 11.5 (i can change it but nothing happens) and im hoping to get it to 12.5 so i can have it actually running @ 1800. my mobo has manual multiplyer DIP switches but they only go upto 10.5x and when i try to use them the monitor doesn't turn on. Is there a trick to unlocking this cpu or will i have to stick to fsb overclocks?

You must connect the L1s. First of all fill the pits with something non-conductive and only then connect the dots with conductive material. When done correctly this should unlock your chip

Back