• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

zalman CNPS7000A-AlCu and A7N8X-X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aelx

I am about to upgrade and am most likely going to get a 2500+ and an asus A7N8X-X. On the zalman site it claims that the mobo will support the HSF, but that is may interfere with the powersupply in some cases. My question is, where can i find dimensional data on the mobo? I have a feeling that it would be really close to fitting in my case, but I don't want to get it and have it not fit.
thx

You could always measure from your socket to the top of your motherboard. I couldn't seem to find any spec sheets that would detail this for you motherboard.

What case are you using? You should be able to get the mobo dimensions from their website.

i am using an inwin case and with my a7v333 there is just under a cm of room between the mobo and the ps.

I'm using a Zalman 7000A-Cu on my A7N8X Deluxe 2.0 and it fits fine. My power supply is about a half inch above the edge of my motherboard and the Zalman sticks out about a quarter inch or so past the edge of the motherboard (guesstimates) which still leaves me about a quarter inch of clearance. If your Power Supply is right up against the edge of your Motherboard or is placed over the motherboard then the Zalman will not fit. GREAT heatsink btw. Maybe not the 'absolute' best available but for noise/performance ratio this is a hard unit to beat. I have several PC's in one room and the noise was driving me nuts so I've been on a rampage to quiet everything down and Zalman products have been sanity savers for me. Can even hear myself think again! Good Luck!

James :)

Sorry, just noticed you are using an Inwin case. I am also using an Inwin full tower case (23 inch) so if that's the one you have then I can confirm that the 7000A does fit. Pretty close but it does fit.

thanks a bunch man. my current mobo(A7v333) has half and inch between the bedge of the mobo and the powersupply. I assume that the A7n8x-x will have an equivalent mounting position. If the zalman only sticks out 1/4inch then i should be good :)

Back