• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit Ic7 vs Abit IS7-G

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrashOv3r1De

Disabled
Hey guys I am running an a P4 3.0c on Abit IC7 using Geil Pc3200 512mb(2x256mb) dual channel and I was able to overclock my CPU to 3.52ghz @ 1.675v *stable* on stock heatsink. I want to geta vapochill pe but it might not work on this motherboard so I want to get an IS7-G which is fully compatible.

If I get an IS7-G will this mess up my overclock or it won't affect it at all. Also by how much will it screw with my overclock (if it does)

Thx

you will have to mod the nb with atleast a zalman nb heatsink...but that costs like $5 and is realy easy...infact you should have had to do that to your ic7.

A good bit of is7's get slightly higher fsb oc's, but preformance clock-to-clock is a little lower. The ic7 is a little bit better, but you should see a big increase if you put a vapo on it.

Back