• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

(newb)Mobo help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cypress

Ok two things, what's OEM mean? Does it mean bought from factory or refurbished or what? Anyway, I'm not a big MoBo person so i don't know the good brands and such. I was wondering if anyone could skim what i'd like and tell me a good Mobo. Also i'd rather not skim on the Mobo cause it's very important. I'd rather get a worse CPU or a little less ram ect than a worse Mobo. Anyway here's what i want.

-Supports HT and 800 FSB. Can support a processor that's 2.0g+, i'll probably get a 2.8 or 2.6
-If you can one that can support 500mhz DDR(do only some support dual channel?), else 400 is fine.
-4x/8x AGP

that's all i can think of now, any help would be greatly appreciated. Also if you need to know anything else just ask. Basicly i'm looking for a nice Mobo that can stick around for a while.

edit: btw IC7-G Max 3 seems like a good board to wait for, what do you guys think?

Last edited:
Original Equipment Manufacturer (excuse spelling) its brand new and bought from the original supplyer. I got a gigabyte and i like it. the new canterwood and springdale chipets support 800 fsb and ht. Dual channel is a good thing and i think most officially support 400 ram but can run 500 not to sure on that one.

I have a gigabyte and i really like it, asus is pretty good and so is abit there are others but i think you should stay away from soyo... i have heard some problems with thier boards

sorry it took so long but thanks for the advice, it's given me nice results ^^

The Abit IC7s and the Asus P4P800 Deluxe and P4C800 Deluxe are also very good boards. I am on an Asus P4P800 Deluxe and it runs very smooth. Supports everything your asking for and then has the bells and whistles also. I have had my 2.4C(800fsb stock) chip up to 1080fsb(3.26GHz) on air cooling without touching any voltage settings. All of these boards would be nice additions to anyhome.

PS the other two boards have had the same awesome ocing results as my board has so dont be shy in getting one of the others. And make sure you have ram that can handle the oced fsb or the good board and high fsb does you no good when the thing wont boot :)

Back