• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i need some help :\

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hazza!

Ok.. So I have been reading and it looks like, the for the price, the Tbred 1700+ is a pretty good bang for the buck. If I was looking at the right one its $47 on newegg with freeshipping. Soo I'm trying to figure out a mobo and some ram for it. I'm pretty sure I want to get an ASUS mobo and for ram, I'm really not sure.

What are your suggestions for the mobo and ram?

shanks ;)

Asus and Corsair.:) The abit rocks too,it has more voltage options for overclockers.The asus is layed out better and so far I'm pleased with the way it overclocks.:)If I had better better ram,there's no telling what this puppy would do.:eek:

If you want to go with Asus definitally go with the A7N8X, deluxe or not. For the RAM, get at least PC3200. Corsair is a good brand, and so is Kingston HyperX. You won't be disappointed with that combo.
As for the CPU, I'm not sure what steppings newegg has been shipping recently. For the 1700+ chips, the DLT3C chips (lower stock voltage, 1.5v) have been doing the best overclock wise. While you may get a DLT3C chip from Newegg, you can buy a guaranteed one from Excaliber PC.

what about "CORSAIR MEMORY 512MBx2 PC3200" for ram? 2 sticks of 512 for 190..

oh yea, and since im going to be overclocking the processor, what kinda fan/heatsink am I going to wanna get?

for fan/heatsink id suggest an slk800 w/ smartfan 2. Though i do really like the cooljag in my sig. And the RAM is just fine

Also if an SLK-800 is too pricy check out the SK-7 it will give almost same performance for like half (or less) of the price

hmm ok...... well thanks.. im still not sure what imma get :\ soo many different opinions -frown-

Well the SLKs and SK-7 are considered to be top rank coolers.
What you choose is upto you, but I think that the best bang for the buck is the SK-7

lol, nono not the cooler, i was refering to my main topic hehe. Im still not sure if i want to get an Abit or ASUS mobo. Im pretty sure imma pic up a few sticks of Corsair though.

I think that Abit is best mobo now for socket A as it OCs the best on the FSB, has lots of votage selection and has VDD support. My personal choice would've been the Abit. I have an ASUS now. It might be old but it is pretty solid and stable, but Abit isn't any worse.

hmm.. alright, sounds good. my friend got an Abit with the 1700+ and some Corsair so looks like i may be going that way. Im still not sure if imma do this or go with Intel and get a processor with the 800fsb.. decisions decisions :-/

Did newegg start shipping B's again because they were shipping 1700+ A's recently.

Best is twinmos/ch-5 winbond pc3200
http://www.memoryx.net/gn256pc3200.html

Abit mobo is better overclocker. As long as the mobo has an nForce2 chipset, you'll be all right. Nice all copper cooling like Thermalright heatsinks won't hurt either.

Cheapest guaranteed T-Bred B is still at gameve I believe.

Newegg guarantees 2100+ to be B's though.

alright, thanks. I was planning on overclocking so i probably better just get an Abit. shankz for teh help guys :D

Back