• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help o/c 2500+ on a k7n2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

b1tchdesigns

Disabled
very newbie very lost...

last time i attempted i had to reset cmos

add*

changed the cpu ratio to 13 while fsb was in default...rebooted and went down to 833mhz?

Last edited:
the 13 multi is not usable on the new processors without a mod. 13 defaults to 5. I think that 9 defaults to something really high, too (maybe 14?). Either way, both 5 & 9 are UNUSABLE.

If you want a good FSB, drop your multi to 9.5 and raise your FSB slowly until you get it where you like. (default multi on that processor is 11). FSB will probly be around 200-205 on your board.

You will need to up your vcore to around 1.7 to remain stable. And relax your memory to 7-3-3-2.5 (or3.0). Hope that helps. K7N2's arent really great oc'ers.

TimmyBigHands

wow thanks i knew something was wrong with 9...also 180 * 12 got me to like 2000 i think/....pretty wierd...they dont seem to mutliply right ...i have like a calculator beside me sometimes too

Back