• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case Fan Suggestion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

seer33

Guys, I just ordered my new coolermaster atc-111 from newegg as seen here http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?description=11-119-014 and i was wondering, since i also got a fan controller for my 92mm tornado, that maybe i could get some more powerful fans for the case, like this is what i was thinking: replace the dual intakes and top blowhole with 39cfm sunon 80mm fans, and replace the lone exhuast with a 50cfm sunon, so when parts are being really stressed i can crank up the air flow. the 4 defualt fans are only 27cfm fans, and im gonna be doin some pretty major overclocking on my 9800np and xp2500 barton. keep in mind that i will be using a fan controller so il be able to tone all of them down when need be. So does anyone have any suggestions about my plan, i really dont know too much about airflow and fans and the like so im looking for opinions, can anyone help?

Perhaps you could make room for a 120mm fan?

Air flow generally works best with your intake from the lower front of the case and your exhaust out the rear top. And, I've found maximizing air flow to my HS helps better than doing so through my case, although it of course helps.

Last edited:
you dont know how much id like to make room for multiple 120mm fans, but i dont have the balls or skills for that matter to try to mod this case.

am asking, what can of fans should/could i put in to make the case have better cooling, i mean is an added 12 cfm on 3 and 23cfm on the one going to help my temps at least -2 more degrees? youd think it would, but again i know next to nothing about the topic of discussion, so i need help!

I think you've got it pretty much right. Faster fans will help keep your temps down so you can O/C high. Here's a Delta fan that'll keep it cool, probably gets pretty loud though.

yeah true, but some people report problems with a fan controller and the SF II's and i figure if im gonna have a 4 channel fan controller, i might as well use it on more then just my one tornado o_O true im sure SF II's would be a great choice, but work with me here people.

I'm not totally sure if a 80x38 would fit in the case, without modifactions, can someone confirm this?

seer33 said:
I'm not totally sure if a 80x38 would fit in the case, without modifactions, can someone confirm this?

From the looks of your case from NewEgg, your fans are mounted with screws so the 80x38 shouldn't be a problem.

Back