• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do you guys think......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Wicker Man

Opinons on my air cooling set up.......
I got the idea from an article here, but cant find it right now, except I attached the squirell cage fan to the back of my desk, and ran a duct right to the heatsink.........

You can check it out here and let me know what you guys think eh??????

27°C CPU temps on load??? Holy mother! What are your room temps in °C?

71°F converts to 21°C.
I wonder what it will be tonight, the temps will be down around 57°F and we always have fans cranking in the windows when it's nice and cool out.......... :D

Quiter then the TT smart fan that was on the HS, it makes a nice low humm, compaired to the high pitch sound of the TT fan.

If thats a load temperature, thats very good. If its a idle, its pretty good/average.

Wickerman:
Are you using an SLK-800? Is there a fan ontop of the HS also?

Ffats said:
If thats a load temperature, thats very good. If its a idle, its pretty good/average.

Wickerman:
Are you using an SLK-800? Is there a fan ontop of the HS also?

It's a Volcano 11, no fan on the HS.
I had a TT smart fan on there before I attached the vent right to the HS.
Now that I know it's working good, I am gonna make an outfit to attach the vent out of sheet metal.......

My specs?? System specs?????
Well here they are anywase........ :D:D
169.1FSP*13, vcore 1.75, vdimm I turned up all the way to get rid of errors in Memtest86, cant remember what it is at right off, chipset I think is up all the way too, I didnt change it from when I got it, or it's one notch under max........ :D
I am not sure what CFM the fan is, It is a Fasco Industries type U21, if that means anything.....:)

fan1.jpg

My uncle gave them to me, I am not sure where the guy he got them from purchased them........
I tryed to find them on Fasco Industries web site but I couldn't find them.....
It would be nice if they were 12v instead of 110.....
Maybe I should get a couple defroster motors.......

Back