• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-7DXR wont install Operating system ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LoopyLee-C

Registered
I have just got a second hand board, CPU and case. I have bought a new hard drive and put the system together with spears I had in the comp room. I know the board and CPU worked and all the bits I put in all work too. The system will start up and do a saft check and says its all ok. When I try to install an operating system it just locks up. If I try 98 it will load 3/4 and then just stops. If I reboot it will give me the option to start in safe mode. when it starts in safe mode the list of file addresses go down the screen and then it just stops and locks up. I decided to take the new hard drive out and put in my main system. I formatted it and installed XP home. I then removed it and put it back in the machine I just built. The computer fired up again and locked up before the windows logo came on. When rebooting It did as before were I chose safe mode and just locked up. I have been at this for ages and am totaly lost. Any ideas how to resolve ?

Lee

It has a Q-Tech 400w PSU. Ram is new 256 DDR 2100 Kingston. If I install windows 98 it lets all the installation section go untill it reboots to " load windows for the first time ". The bar starts to go along the botton and then it locks up. If I try to install a XP version I put in the 6 floppy install disks and on the final disk it says please wait on the bottom left corner of the screen. This then stops like this for ages and locks the computer up.

Done all that, even taken out internal bat to clear. It has a realtek network card with a 16mb asus agp graphics. Scuzzy card with yamaha burner on it.

I have tried 3 hard drives and all settings defaulted but still no joy ?

Im going to take it to a local shop to get them to check it. Been told it my be the CPU. I hope it is the Memory problem as it is still only 2 weeks old and I can take it back.

Back