• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCing BH7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xymurgy

So I got a refurbed (from Newegg) BH7 and threw my Dell's P4 2.0a in it to OC it. So far so good, except I seem to have found a funky spot.

Currently at 128fsb 1:1 (with a 512 dimm of my old Corsair XMS 3200 C2) and running Prime and FAH smoothly (did that all night, actually). Vcore is set to +10%, with the CPU getting 1.6v at load.

But if I go to 129, I get a BSOD within 10 seconds of getting into windows. I can put the Vcore to +15% and can boot into windows, but the doctor says that 1.7 volts are going through the chip under load, so I'm backing off.

Anyway, from my experiences with OCing the rig below, I thought that CPUs didn't go from stable to completely blitzed out unstable in 1 mhz. I thought I would be able to boot into winxp, prime for an hour then have it error out. Temps seem to be OK, I have a Zalmann 7000Cu on it so it stays under 55 C.

Now that I'm looking at the Hardware Doctor, it's saying that my +12V rail is b/w 11.58 and 11.62..... and my +5V rail is hovering at 5.11 (the DDR and 3.3 are right on target). It's a Forton 350W.

Any comments?

that +12 looks a touch low, not too bad but on the low side.
since ive only ever had this stinking celery 2 gig, id HOPE your chip can do more then a 128 fsb, because mine can do up to 165 that ive seen, given enough volts and cooling.
cheers.

I've got a 2.0a here on a BD7 that will run fine @ 124MHz 1.6v

125MHz @ any Volts will blue screen.

Back