• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1800+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Y.E

Hi all,

i wanted to buy a new cpu and i was going to buy the 1700+ but the store im going to purchase from ran out of them so i was thinking out the 1800+ any recomended steppings?

Thanx for any replys

AMD made XP1700+, XP1800+ and XP1900+ in DLT3C stepping. These processors have low default Vcore of 1.5, and are generally exceptional overclockers.

You can buy XP1700+ DLT3C stepping for $65 at excaliber.

Hope this helps!

"DLT3C" is not a STEPPING code, it is an OPN code. The OPN code identifies the key specifications of the chip in order: Packaging, Voltage, Die Temperature, Cache Size, and Front Side Bus.

The STEPPING code is the next line on the cpu label and is 5 letters ending in either an "A" or a "B" for the Thoroughbred cores. The "A" or "B" in this stepping code identifies the Thoroughbred revision. You want to buy only "B" cores since the "A" versions are not very good overclockers (I only get an extra 300MHz out of my 1800+ T-bred "A" which also has an OPN containing "DLT3C").

My Xp1800+ , Tbred B dut3c will do 2200Mhz prime stable on air. The dlt3c versions should (and are) reaching higher speeds. I need 1.825 Vcore to keep it stable , normally run it at 2100Mhz just to keep temps down.

Insure you get a Tbred B anyway, and if possible a dlt3c. The Xp2500+ are a good choice if you can afford the extra bit ??

Thanx for the reply.

Ok so ill make sure to get a tbred B and DLT3C... the reason im not getting the 1700+ from exc is that im in Canada and im buying the 1800+ from canada computers for 83 canadian

Back