• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

so new I dont know where to start

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johnfs

Registered
I am so new to this I dont know where to start.I have built this machine but Iwould not know how to tell you how I did it! So oc has me lost but I would like to learn how its done. I have asus a7v8x-x mobo athalon thbrd xp 1800 processor with factory fan and heatsink 500watt power supply115v/230v 8.5a/5.5a 60/50hz. It has 768 ddrram ddr2700 pc333 western digital wd600 60gb hard drive. It has a pine 56x cdrom windows xp home.Mobo has onboard lan and runs through a router.It has a 17" mitsubishi monitor a pny ti4200 gforce 4 video card 6channel on board audio cpu id# 00000681-0383FBFF. My current cpu speed is 1533 at 133mhz .Cpu temp is 41c/105f mobo 33c/91f I have 5 case fans 1 in front intake 2 on lower side intake 1 in rear intake 1 center of top of case excaust+2excuast on power supply. Just where do I start

First off, Welcome to the forums.

Secondly, I was going to provide a link to my guide, but I see that it has been handled before I got here....2 links already :p :D.

I hope that guide will help you, and if you need any help at all, like it says at the bottom of the guide, feel free to PM me, catch me on AIM (little button at the bottom of my post), or e-mail me: [email protected].

Good luck to you, and feel free to ask as many questions as you want, that is how we all started and learned so much here. ;)

Back