• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K7S5A Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hemirunner426

Registered
will this board boot at 166MHz?

i've heard rumors that it will, and that its the K7S5A that wont boot at 166MHz but can be changed software wise.

I have a 2400 and right now its O/C to 2200MHz, but i would like to up the FSB to 166 with a 13.5x multiplier

if the board wont boot at 166MHz, im thinking of just keeping the 147MHz O/C... i dont like software, plus if i ever wanna run linux im screwed

has anyone known of this board hitting 200MHz?
i wont go for that as i have 333MHz ram, but i am curious

Last edited:
well, i did the wire trick at 13.5x multiplier on my 2400+

it wouldnt boot at 166 like i wanted it to, so i set it to 133 and downloaded CPUFSB

i set it to 166MHz, which put the CPU at 2241MHz... and it would run. Motherboard Monitor recored the temperature at 41C (unloaded) but i went to bring up my computer and i got a BSOD then the system restarted and i had to shut the power off to reboot

so im back at 147x15 @ 2200MHz
if there is any idea's as to the BSOD im open for options
I have 1 stick of kingston 333, and the timings in the BIOS was set to safe
im beginning to think that the CPU craps out at just over 2200MHz because if i up it to 150MHz FSB then i get a BSOD & restart right as it gets to the desktop
i could of did a 13x multiplier at 166 but i dont really see the difference between that and the current settings i have now
i gain a bit in FSB, but loose it in the overall speed

any idea's i'd be very grateful for

Hi

I have a T-Bred B 1800+, and REALLY wanted to change the multi, but mobo soldering is a bit confusing given the poor pictures and schematics around... how did you do the wire trick?
Can you send me pics or a schematic?

Thanx

sure, i used the guide on ocinside.de

http://www.ocinside.de/index_e.html

set the view to socket and it will show you which holes to put the little U's in

i used a single stran of wire from an old IDE cable

now, find out which wires are different between your current multiplier and the one you want to change to. The ones that show the same in the diagram you dont need to worry about.

hemirunner426 said:
sure, i used the guide on ocinside.de

http://www.ocinside.de/index_e.html

set the view to socket and it will show you which holes to put the little U's in

i used a single stran of wire from an old IDE cable

now, find out which wires are different between your current multiplier and the one you want to change to. The ones that show the same in the diagram you dont need to worry about.

I did pretty much the same thing to jump my 1800+ B stepping to a 15 multi.

bollux78 said:
Hi

I have a T-Bred B 1800+, and REALLY wanted to change the multi, but mobo soldering is a bit confusing given the poor pictures and schematics around... how did you do the wire trick?
Can you send me pics or a schematic?

Thanx

Check my thread HERE for how I did it. Its pretty easy, just have to have calm hands... if you're jumpy you might have a hard time with the tiny wires.

Back