• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus a7m266 error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RiverDogg

Registered
Hello,
For about the last month I have been recieving stop error messages surrounded by a lovely blue screen. I think it all started when the fan on the north bridge froze up. I ended up formatting after that due to all the reboots. The hard drive became so fragmented and jsut plain @!&$*# it wouldn't even boot up. Anyway, I replaced the fan and formatted and everything was better.......or so I thought. I recieved the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL stop error on Wednesday while I was working on 3DS Max and I think I was running Photoshop at the same time editing a material map. I pulled out my old 2GB hard drive and tried to install Win2K on it and it wouldn't even let me do that, I just recieved anther stop error. I thought it was my Win2K disk. I removed both sticks of RAM (Crucial 256MB, DDR, 266Mhz, PC2100) and replaced them. I must have swapped positions on them because everything worked. I then noticed that they were only counting to 393??? something in post. So I removed them one at a time and found that both sticks would count to 261 in the left socket but only one would in the right socket. The other would only reach 131. I guess this is finally my question....sorry about the novel. Is this just a back stick of RAM or does it have something to do with my motherboard?

Thanks to anyone in advance for any help or ideas you can offer. I am at the end of my knowledge on the matter.:)

Back