• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

trying to OC my PC first time, not really working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jognt

All round good guy
I have attempted to overclock my PC before, but noticed i did not have enough knowledge for it.... nor could i find it (been looking for 4 weeks now)

heres my system (dont laugh!)

abit BE6-II
P3 600mhz 100 fsb
geforce 2mx400

i do not know about my memory, but here is a piccie of wot sandra 98pro says: piccie = here

please help me :) tried to OC got to fsb 133 mhz easily upped voltage for cpu though, 55C heat whilst just into windows, it worked but with sandra with this seetings (it is now) i get about 225 MB/s score, but it goes lower when i OC!, i inserted different memory to try, 133mhz memory, and then i got 22mb/s! score

please try to help, thanks

Last edited:
If you push some things to hard like your video card it will actually start getting worse scores. Thats when you have hit the top for that particular item, so don't push it anymore if it is doin worse.

thats wot i mean, tbh.....

if i raise my FSB 1mhz!, from 100mhz to 101mhz, even then my score for the memory will go down, as will general performance i believe.....

im just asking myself why the heck my memory goes down O_O, cuz i dont know anything about timings and all...

Back