• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit NF7-S + AMD 1700 - System not working >.<

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Unrealistic

Registered
Well, i've hooked up the HSF + CPU + Mobo up in my Xaser 3, i purchased the TT 480 Watt like i had mentioned earlier, i came back from my vacations to find out that the Computer isn't booting. The mobo bulb isn't even lighting up, as a result i know that the Mobo isn't gettin power, at all.

I figured the Mobo could be dead, so i tried one of my Old PSU's, it powere dup the Mobo and the system booted, as a result i deduced the PSU was faulty. I RMA'd the TT and got a temporary Chieftec 360W replacement, to my surprise, this doesn't boot up the sytem either.

I hooked the Chieftec to my older P4 rig, and it's working fine, hence i deduced the PSu isn't faulty, but like i mentioned earlier, the Older PSu that i have lying around on my P3 450 is working fine on the Abit, so if the PSu isn't dead nor the Mother board, then what's the problem?

I've decided to take the Chieftec over to a friend's place (DVS mAeStRo) who has the exact same rig excluding the VGA, just to see what exactly the problem is. But until then, do any of you have any idea's?

Cmon, i know there's something brewing up there, Help >.<

If you haven't comprehended anything or need more info, post up and i'll keep updating (Duh!) . . :p

Have you tried to run the motherboard outside of the case? Maybe you dropped a screw behind the tray or something and it's causing a short. Make sure to use the stand offs.

Excellent suggestion folks, i did that and found out the Mobo works . . hence i rebuilt the system from scratch, and voila . .

I think there was a problem with my Front Firewire + USB connections . .

I did everything step by step and it's workin in A1 Condition . . can't believe i made such a n00bie mistake :p

Back