• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-s ? cpu fsb / dram ratio ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fsarfino

Could someone please help explain this setting to me?

Right now I have mine set @ by spd which I know reads the timing off of the ram. But I would like to know how to set this corrrectly for max performance.

Thanks

Frank

If your cpu fsb is running slower than your memory, then "by SPD" is the best performance and stability option.

If your cpu fsb is set faster than the default speed of the memory, then selecting one of the numeric ratios will let you try overclocking your memory. Example: if you are running your cpu fsb at 400MHz while using what you think is overclockable ddr333 ram, then at the "by SPD" setting you are operating at 6/5. You can try bumping this ratio down to 6/6 and run your memory at ddr400 speed. More ram voltage may be needed to overclock your ram.

I think htere is a setting "Auto" I use this setting and it seems to work the bes for me
I have had my ram upto 225 stable at 1.8vdimm , also try doing the CPU therottling

Graphic67 said:
If your cpu fsb is running slower than your memory, then "by SPD" is the best performance and stability option.

If your cpu fsb is set faster than the default speed of the memory, then selecting one of the numeric ratios will let you try overclocking your memory. Example: if you are running your cpu fsb at 400MHz while using what you think is overclockable ddr333 ram, then at the "by SPD" setting you are operating at 6/5. You can try bumping this ratio down to 6/6 and run your memory at ddr400 speed. More ram voltage may be needed to overclock your ram.

Graphic67 ok in my setup I have some generic pc 2700 ram/ nf7-s /2500 barton

I would like to run @ 200 fsb with no memory errors @ this speed on memtest I got 13 errors that was @ the spd setting so is 6/6 the slowest ratio or is there another setting that might allow me to setup my ram better.

BTW this is just a tempory solution until I get the money for some better ram

Thanks
Frank

Let me get this straight...

You had 13 memory errors with the ram set to "by SPD" ???? If this is true then you have bad ram.

6/4 is the correct ratio for 400fsb and 266 ddr without overclocking the ram.

4/3 will try to run your ram at ddr300.

5/4 will try to run your ram at ddr320.

6/5 will try to run your ram at ddr333.

3/3, 4/4, 5/5 and 6/6 will all try to run your ram in sync with your fsb at ddr400.

Graphic67 the 13 memory errors were tested with my fsb set @ 200
the memory is pc2700 (166fsb) my 2500 stock runs @ 166 fsb so it was overclocked. However it would not suprise me if when I benchmark the ram at stock speeds that it is getting memory errors since this is some cheap *** generic ram.

BTW thanks alot for the information

Frank

Back