• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLK800 floppin in the breeze

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hookem

Have a SLK800 mounted to a Soltek SL-75MRNL with a 2500 Barton...Temps are around 40C at idle...Remounted it using Ceraminqe, AS III, the stuff that came with the SLK800 and no change...The two pads that would be on the bottom are smashed flat like the heat sink is hanging down and causing it not to make full contact with the processor and when runnning 3D Mark or PC Mark the temps go way up 48-49 C...Put a SK-6+ with a TMD fan on it and it idles around 38...With the 800 it just slides around...You can move it around with absolutely no resistance what so ever...Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated...Thanks!!!

Hookem said:
With the 800 it just slides around...You can move it around with absolutely no resistance what so ever
What is 'it'? The TMD fan, or the heatsink itself :eek: ?

Also, do you have the 800A or the 800U?

I have the clip model whatever that is and have run just about every 80m/m fan under the sun...The TMD fan is on the SK-6+ I bought from SVC with the Thermalright TMD fan adapter...I have tried bending the clip to apply more pressure on the heat sink with out any luck...Man I hate clips...Seems I should be down in the low 30's with the SLK-800 and a decent fan...Running the Enermax UC-8FAB-B 80m/m fan on it right now...The SK-6 works better that the SLK-800 and it only cost me 20.00 bones for the heatsink, fan adapter and TMD fan...:rolleyes:

Back