• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ssprncvegeta

i just got a p4p800 a few days ago and i couldn't get it to work. everytime i started up it'd either say "overclock failed" or "new cpu found," then i'd have to reset the bios. well, after all that it stopped working completely. so i gave my entire system to the ppl i bought it from(a store near me, not online) and after a few days they called my dad and he told me they said "you got thermal glue on the motherboard and it overheated." first off it can't overheat the mobo, it was silver compund glue, unless i put too much thermal glue on the cpu and it acted like a barrier instead, but they said it damaged the mobo itself, not the cpu.

well i'm not sure if this voids the warrenty. ppl are eocf(mods are ****ing ******** and banned me b/c i was banned when i needed help the first time) told me that it voided the warrenty b/c i did it, but then someone said it wouldn't void(the warrenty that came with the mobo at the store) since i didn't purposely do it. it's not like i tried to overclock. i just hope that on monday i can replace the mobo for the same one. besides, the mobo wasn't working when i got it anyway, my 9700pro didn't let the system load and there were other problems before it stopped loading. they haven't said that i have to pay for a new mobo, but i'm just really concerned that i might have to. any thoughts?

But you have an Intel system and you posted in the AMD Mobo's section. No need to be sarcastic, you should try the Intel Mobo section to get more reply's.

Jim

Back