• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my barton overclocking...........

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

highacker

hi i just finished my new rig and today i started to push it to the limits, started with the fsb, and got it all the way up to 191 completely stable but too hot, around 52 C load, it pulled 17397 3d marks, wich i think it wasn't too bad, the memory is running at CAS 2 latency and i just loved it, any suggestion for good air cooling?

so what speed did u actually get it to? 52c isnt too bad but its more or less the max you would want for an overclocked system so long as its perfectly stable. For good air cooling i would look into the SLK-800/900 series of heatsinks. Just do a google search and look at all the reviews its mroe or less the best air cooling sink out there at the moment. Then just pick a choice of fan, if you wanto excellent performance and dont mind your PC hovering and the noise that comes with it get a Delta or similar high speed fan. If you like quiet and still good performace you may want to look inot something like a thermaltake smartfan2 these have adjustable speed so you can set it to a speed and noise level that suits you. Also you could couple the high speed delta with a nice rheobus so you could adjust the speed of that too nice and fast RPM for summer and heavy gaming and nice and quiet for night time folding and other length tasks.

:)

i was just about to toss my old vocano 7+ but i have bad experiences with my previous 1800+ setup, used to get too hot, now i wonder how hot in a 2.1 overclocked barton

Btw, what stepping iz ur Barton?
I just built two custom rigs for school/home type environment,
xp2500 from newegg retail w/stock'd HS.
both would do 2.2GHz @200FSB. 1.65vcore. 46c is the norm for them bartons... myclients didn't want anything more exotic on the cooling part. on load 52c was the norm on these bartons as well.
AMD xp2500 AQXEA 0330 VPMW y864717260763
" " " " " y864917260873

When I was testing them out for max OC, I used an AX-7 with 80mm tornado, HS made by same folks who do the SLK-700-900.
1st cpu 2.535 @1.85vcore
2nd cpu 2500 @1.825vcore (not very stable above 1.825v)

so, It's gotta be the new steppings coming out, again, these were retail box cpus.

im not sure about my stepping, but it's rock stable, today i hitted 200 fsb @ 1.70v core, im pretty sure it would do 200fsb without the voltage, but so far i haven't got any lock ups at all, im looking to hit 210fsb, i just got a vantec aeroflow and works far better than the stock heatsink, i'm very pleased with the overclocking on this barton, it was really the bang for the buck. be back with results

Back