• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

vdd mod... how high?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeathONator

I have a pair of corsair XMS 3500... I'm not sure what I can get out of them, but I want to vmod my NF7-S rev2 so I can reach my memory's max FSB. At 1.7volts I can get up to 221mhz stable, 229mhz boots into XP. I have no clue what a safe/resonable voltmod for the board is. So I would like your suggestions.

I am going to put some ramsinks on the mosfets, fanless speeze CPU heatsink on the NB (after I lap the NB first), and a zalman passive HS on the SB.

im running at 1.9v right now. thats stock cooling and no ill effects. ive had as high asa 2.1 on water but it made me nervous. nothing hapened, ran great, but i backed it off. id also like to know how high people have gone, reliably, on their vdd voltage.

nf7-s vdd help

Need a little help here with a first timer. I have the 5k variable resister and need to know how to attach the wire from the IC and the wire from the ground to the resister. There are three 'legs' on the resister. Do I solder the wires to specific legs on the resistor. I've seen pics and read many posts but didn't seem to find this answer. Many thanks in advance.

i did the vdd mod last week and reading the 2 voltage points on the mobo with a multimeter i get 1.86v the other 2.17v which is the actual voltage?

I've heard that there should only be a .1v difference and the true voltage is about in the middle of the two. Just what I read.

measuring the solder pad point is what i use as the "true voltage" measuring from the mosfet leg always seems too low to me. best way to really figure out where your at is disable the voltmod(i have mine hooked to ground via a fan plug and mobo header), set the vdd via bios to ... whatever, 1.7 if you liike. then measure the 2 voltage points. when i do this the solder pad point will say 1.75v, and the mosfet leg will read something like 1.4?v. i know its not that low thats why i say just go by what the solder pad says, as i believe it to be the correct reading.

Back