• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7N266VM Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

affrowman

Registered
I just bought an Asus A7N266VM fully expecting to have all of Asus' wonderful overclocking features in the bios, but as many of you who own this board know...they are not there. Is there any other way to overclock? I really need to squeeze some extra cycles of of my little 1600 Pally. Thx fer the help.

Hey! Thats a great mod for the Asus A7N266VM, let me know how that works out for you.

I'm thinking of using that board for a cheap system I am putting together for a friend. Is the sound any good on that board?

Yeah the sound is great. The only problem that I have had with it is crashes in Star Wars Galaxies. I'm guessing because of incompatibility with the audio drivers. The mod worked great. I got it running ok (see my sig). I just wish I had a Tbred B so I could change the multiplier.

I read that some did the mod and still didn’t have multiplier adjustments. Join the L1's on your Pally and give it a try.

I ordered the Asus A7N266VM and it should be here in a week.

Is there anything I should know about that board? I remember reading somewhere that there are a few mistakes in the manual as far as jumpers are concerned but I can't seem to find that article anywhere.

None that I have seen. I tried the JEN jumper mod with just a piece of wire and it did not work. I then took a 3 pin jumper off of an old board and soldered that in. Not only did it work but, I can also easily change it back to stock by moving the jumper over to pins 1 and 2. If you are going to run this in a micro ATX case, I would not recommend doing this mod and over clocking. You just can't move enough air in those little cases to cool enough. Let me know if you have problems doing the mod. I'll help as much as I can.

I am putting it a system I am making for someone, I don’t actually plan on modding it in any way or overclocking. He is going to be using it for music and playing DVDs, he is not into gaming so I thought the onboard video and sound would be good enough for him.

Back