• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7V8X @ 175mhz FSB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EZ Tutty

Registered
Ok i've got an Asus A7V8X with TwinMOS DDR400 ram and an XP2200+, i've got the 2200+ running at 2012mhz (1.8ghz stock) with a vcore of 1.825v with an FSB of 175mhz and a multi of 11.5x, but when i reboot my system won't post there is no display on the monitor and i have to power down my system and power up again a couple of times. My system passes Prime95 so stability should be all good.

It's not my ram as it's not at it's limits by far

Could it be my motherboard, or my CPU?

Thanks

=|EZ Tutty|=

WooHoo My First Post :)

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums

Your system is probably booting with the default cpu voltage, which mat not be enough to get it going with a high o/c before the bios kicks in and changes it to what you have it set at. You either need to lower the o/c to where the board will boot with the default v-core or you can do a v-core mod that can be done usually with a pamona grabber(type of test lead) and a potentiometer (varible resitor). Have you tried the over volt jumper on the board.

You may try this thread for getting ainfo on a v-core mod.

Doc may be able to help you out on finding a mod for your board, he hasn't posted in a while so he may not get to you right away.

Jim

Last edited:
i will have a look at the overvolt jumper, but i have decided not to bother with any mods, as i have decided to buy a 2500+ soon :)

ok the overvolt jumper has sorted the problem, but now it fails prime95, but i'm still using the same FSB and Multi as b4 but with a slightly higher voltage (1.85v)

wats going on :S

With the over volt jumper on it may be putting out more voltage that you set it at. Maybe causing a voltage bleed condition through the core. I'll go find the thread so you can find out how to check it.

Edit - Here's the thread.

Jim

yeh it is putting out more voltage than i set it at, 0.2v extra

i set the board to run at 1.65 and it overvolts to 1.85v which should be enough to drive my chip.

and what do you mean by voltage bleed condition through the core?

Basically the higher voltages running through the core could cause circuits close to each other to to interfere with one another.
Not sure if that best explains it though.

Jim

Back