• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question for GA-8KNXP owners

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shiver

Registered
1st off, This is my 1st time posting here. :)
It seems that my asus p4c800 mobo has sent me in search
of a new mobo. That damn thing was brand new too, it just
stopped working for no reason but that's a whole other thread.

I was considering buying the ga-8knxp but I'm really put off by the lack of a jumper to clear the cmos. What's been your experience w/ using this board and has the lack of a cmos jumper been a problem?
Not that I'm a big timer oc'r, I'm completely new to it actually,
and I thought having that jumper to clear the cmos was
very important if your pc failed to boot due to problems
associated w/ overclocking.

PS: Becareful of the ASUS p4c800 deluxe.

I've never had too big of an issue with clearing the CMOS. The one time I did go beyond the limit all I did was shut down and pop the battery out and reboot, But I also think it may have been the dual dios kicking in so I could change the old one back. I'm not exactly sure how it worked. The point is that it wouldn't boot normally, but after some jimmying it did.

Best of luck --Brent

Dooooooont buy 8knxp, i have this board and i cant get any better than 154 fsb, it is a bad overcloker.

inferno_gr said:
Dooooooont buy 8knxp, i have this board and i cant get any better than 154 fsb, it is a bad overcloker.

Dude, something's wrong w/ your board if
that's all you can get.. or maybe you're using the wrong
memory w/ it?
Cause it's supposed to be 200mhz right out of the box.

inferno_gr said:

Ill take it that you are not using one of the "C" chips. Well thats why, this board is compatible with the older 533 fsb chips, but it was designed FOR a 800FSB chip. Its either that or you got a broken board.

inferno_gr said:

HMMM!!!! The Giga GA-8KNXP is one if the BEST boards i have used...and i have tried a few!!:)

It is only limited by its v-core options of a MAX of 1.6v, BUT if you have a good CPU this wont matter..

It's a bad overclocker?!

That's strange....

My 8KNXP's been running at 277 mhz FSB pretty much since I first fired it up....

No problems whatsoever, stable as hell using a 2.4C.

Hi!

I´ve read this and other threads for a while now. I´m using a 8KNXP too and i think it´s a pretty good MoBo. But is there really not way to get more than 1.6 V out of it? My cpu (2600) won´t make more than 3Ghz before trouble begins. Anyway what i try.

Thx for any hinds!
Greets
WaZ

no you can't get more than 1.6V and run memtest to make sure your instability isn't caused by the cpu...

WaZ said:
Hi!

I´ve read this and other threads for a while now. I´m using a 8KNXP too and i think it´s a pretty good MoBo. But is there really not way to get more than 1.6 V out of it? My cpu (2600) won´t make more than 3Ghz before trouble begins. Anyway what i try.

Thx for any hinds!
Greets
WaZ

DUDE,you have an AMD CPU, i'm surprized it even works. How did you get it to fit?

v core is 1.6 volts, but when my computer is set at 1.525 (stock) cpuz reads 1.57 so its prolly a little more than 1.6. the dimm overvold is only +0.3. voltages are slightly limited, but if you have a good cpu it won't matter. so far i have not had any major problems with the board.

Thanks, I'm so tempted to get one of these. I loved my old 7VAXP board and wish I still had it over this NF7-S every day. It was pretty limiting on o/c as well but had much better stability.

yup, i love this board, the only gripe is the hidden menu in the bios... but then i can understand why they do it so it kinda evens out:D

i run mine stock for heat, and life reasons, with a 2.4C. None the less i had to try it, it runs stable at 3Ghz+ all stock, no votages no nothing. What stops me all the time is the memory, only on Corsair 400DDR, it dont wanna take me over 430-440Mhz. I have offcourse to drop the multiplyer, and that cuts my dual channel.. so in short, i need faster mems :- )

Great mothernboard, great chip, lovely box...
B!

Back