• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman CNPS7000-Cu question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thharborpunk55

Im getting tired of the boring black fan that is on my Zalman CNPS7000-Cu heatsink. So I was wondering if i could just switch it with a blue UV reactive one without sacrificing airflow? If so, can anybody direct me to some good 92x25 mm fans?

Last edited:
It may be a tricky mod to do. It will involve removing the motor and blade assembly from its casing and drilling a set of new holes and screwing it it to the heatsink. Lots of Dremel work there :).

If you can accomplish it, look for something with a 45CFM or higher rating. You will have a higher noise level because the Zalman, for a Noise/CFM ratio, is on Panaflo/Papst level.

thanks. Yeah I knew it would be a tricky mod. One of my friends told me I should just paint it with UV reactive paint, but with my past painting experience I dont want it to end up looking like crap. Im not to worried about noise, just airflow and not breaking the heatsink and fan.

Back