• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking the Duron 1.2GHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

samkhadra

I have managed to overclock the Duron 1.2Ghz to 1.32GHz but as i try to increase the cpu speed to 112/112 it don't work, so I heard that I need to increase the Voltage from 1.7V to 1.85V, at this point I don't know what to do. I can't edit it in the BIOS settings, so I'm not sure. I know I have to do something to the L7 bridges but I tried and it doesn't make a difference. Can annyone help me out please. Thanks in advance!!

Would you not think of getting a cheap Tbred B?? I know its an extra $50 but the preformance will be worth it. Have tried overclocking a 1200mhz duron and its really not that satisfyin at all !! Got to 1350mhz and said **** this.........:mad:

oc ing duron 1300

i want to know how to unlock the multiplier the pencil trick doesnt work

I've already got a third party bios and i've already clocked it to 1.32ghz im just finding it hard to get it to go to 1350mhz i heard i need to increase the voltage to 1.85v, so i tried the pencil trick but it didn't work, so can u give me other ways please. Thanks!

samkhadra said:
I've already got a third party bios and i've already clocked it to 1.32ghz im just finding it hard to get it to go to 1350mhz i heard i need to increase the voltage to 1.85v, so i tried the pencil trick but it didn't work, so can u give me other ways please. Thanks!

u only need a hb pencil :rolleyes:

connect all the L7 bridges

eg,
l : l : . to | | | | .

use a sharp pencil, like a retractable one and dont pencil across to bridges either side of the one ur joining

simple imo

what do you mean? I used a 0.5mm mechanical pencil on 4 CPUs (3 durons and 1 Tbird) and all worked out well.
You have to connect the two dots, going from L7 (or maybe its L11) L7. ||:|| to L7.|||||
Make sure you don't connect the line you draw with the other connected lines or you can messup the chip. You can always use a wire trick to set the voltage.

go here and click to first link

Yeah it was the L11 bridge not L7.
I've got the voltage up now but here comes problem 2:
When I try to go into Windows it gets up to Loading Settings and then it freezes. Anyone that can help please? Thanks!

1350MHz
The highest tempreture its been up to so far is 53 Degrees, its not that high because it used to be 50-51 degrees at 1.2Ghz? I'm trying to figure out why it would freeze. But if you can help me out that would be nice!!

well the last Morgan durons that were made were 1300MHz, they top out at about that speed because of the way they are designed and built, some people get more lucky and get a good stepping, so they can OC a bit further, but it rarely goes beyound 1400Mhz. I think it is possile you don't have a great stepping and the CPU just tops out at the ~1300Mhz. All you can do now propably is just do some research on how to set the multiplier lower to about 9.5 and up your FSB to 133

well, if it's stable at 1333 then 133 x 10 could be a good way to go. I'll see what I can find for ya

*EDIT:* here you go, check out the pic and take some very very thin wires. like there are in any phone wire (just a single) wire out of the bunch make it into a U form and stick it into the socket as you look at it from above. just make sure you look at the socket and pic from the right angle (notice the two missing pins on the bottom of the pic, there will be the same thing on the socket).

10multi.JPG

Last edited:
Back