• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New stepping!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dippy_skoodlez

Hey.. I just built a computer for a friend(alright.. my moms friend) and ordered an asus a7n8x-Vm (integrated video I know.. its for office use ;) ) And In came an AXDA DLT3C AIWGA 0324 VPMW..... anyone seen em?

Shade00 said:
AIWGA... the A tips it off. Anyway, it may O/C better than old Tbred-As because the As have been around for a while. You never know.

Yea.. I had KNOWN that.. I just never noticed LOL.. the core looks the same as my t-bred B lol.. AHwell.. atleast I got an update for the AMD faq.. that stepping wasn't in there.. :mad:

How far can the A's go? I just got the exact stepping listed at the top of this post. I have it at 150 bus at stock voltage, but it wouldnt post @ 166??? MSI nforce2 board and golden dragon 3200. it's my workstation at work. built it for fun, so im not sad that it's a tbred A, but i'd love to clock it up to crunch seti better.

i ran a 0248 1700+ tbred a every day @ 2gig on water @2.14v with icewater i got it to almost 2.2

it still lives today running @ 1925 with volcano 7+ on med. and 2.04v

Any logical reason that AMD would resume A core production? I was under the impression that the difference in the A and B cores was the program the assembly 'bots used not the actual hardward used to produce them so it would make zero sense to make As instead of the obviously better B core. I hope I'm wrong and this isn't another of AMD's "Fabulous Business Boo-Boos".

The A core was essentially a die shrink of the Palomino from 180nm to 130nm. The B core had an extra copper layer but was also rearranged into a form which would accept larger cache (for the then future Barton core) without requiring additional major changes to the logic core.

Back