• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IT7 Max 2 ver. 2 & ZM80C-HP Zalman Heatpipe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EmTSea19

Hi,

I have an IT7 Abit Max 2 ver. 2 Motherboard, and I am wondering if the new Zalman ZM80C-HP Heatpipe will fit with out hitting anything? The VGA looks pretty close to the Memory slots, so I am a little worried. Anyone have experience with this heatpipe and Motherboard, please let me know. Thanks.

Yes it fits fine, I remember it being a bit close but it all cleared without damage.

With a good fan, or good air flow on the heatpipe it works very well. The pipe gets quite hot.

Okay, good to know it fits, thanks. Although, I thought the entire point of passive cooling, was passive cooling and no fan? *lol*
I have an extra Zalman bracket and fan lying around, I guess I can hook it up and point it at the heatsink. It will probably be quieter than the stock fan. That little 40mm Radeon 9500 Pro fan is the loudest thing in my case!

The Zalmon just need some air flow across it. Not much, enough to remove the heat.

On a 9500Pro with a mild overclock it would do good with very little air flow.

I've been wondering the same thing about the IC7-Max3; there doesn't seem to be much room between the AGP slot and that huge heatsink on the NB.

Back