• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7V (classic kt133) & 2400+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LBJGH

A great success story for Asus, AMD and my buddy!

He has a classic A7V with at KT133 chipset. Yep the motherboard is almost 3 1/2 years old and will run current CPU's

You have to love a company that doesn't screw the consumer with a mandatory motherboard upgrade for every new CPU.

XP_22GHZ.jpg

Maybe it's time for a brain transplant on the old puppy! I had one too but sold it thinking I was out of luck for upgrading.

mata2974 said:
I have that MB on my other computer, and its rock solid.

He must have hardwired the multiplier. I have this same motherboard in my parents' PC. They just might inherit my 1800 if I can easily get it working. How'd he get the multiplier?

Hehe not bad but the memory of that SDR and chipset is really restricting the full performance of that 2400+ chip! With the demands of SDR, you could get him a cheap ECS board + DDR ram and it'll be a lot faster. However, not saying that current rig is bad at all. It's good that a motherboard that old can take new technology!

The 2100+ and up have the high multipliers defaulted so the motherboard recognizes all the upper multipliers up to 24x

The 2000+ and lower use the low multipliers so the motherboard maxes out at 12.5x You cut the last L3 to enable the high multipliers on 1700+ to 2000+ cpu's though.

brennan77 said:
He must have hardwired the multiplier. I have this same motherboard in my parents' PC. They just might inherit my 1800 if I can easily get it working. How'd he get the multiplier?

The SDR is definitely a bottleneck for ultimate performance however a SDR mobo running at 2.2GHz will still run any game you throw at it.

Yodums said:
Hehe not bad but the memory of that SDR and chipset is really restricting the full performance of that 2400+ chip! With the demands of SDR, you could get him a cheap ECS board + DDR ram and it'll be a lot faster. However, not saying that current rig is bad at all. It's good that a motherboard that old can take new technology!

LBJGH said:
The 2100+ and up have the high multipliers defaulted so the motherboard recognizes all the upper multipliers up to 24x

The 2000+ and lower use the low multipliers so the motherboard maxes out at 12.5x You cut the last L3 to enable the high multipliers on 1700+ to 2000+ cpu's though.

Thanks.

Well, geez... I just sold my KT133 board cheap... if I had known I could've put a processor like that on there I would've done that instead.

I have seen people running KT133A boards with Bartons, though. Pretty neat.

LBJGH said:
The SDR is definitely a bottleneck for ultimate performance however a SDR mobo running at 2.2GHz will still run any game you throw at it.

Games now depend more on video cards than CPU performance IMHO. With a good video card, that system would hold back the true potential of the video card since there's hardly any memory bandwidth compared to DDR.

Back