• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

uses for old heatsinks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zavnao

So I went shopping... at good will... with my friend and low and behold there were old computer parts. I got a bag full of pentium ones, intel old processors, and a bunch of heatsinks that went with them for $1.50. My question was is there any way I can incorporate the old heatsinks into other parts of my computer (maybe my 9600pro) and if so, what should I use to attach them, and what should I be carefull of?

To attach them id use some thermal expoxy (cant think of the exact name right now) or put some as3 on the peice your attaching the heatsink to and then put a SMALL drop of some good superglue on each cornor.

You could cut them up and use them for ramsinks, Mosfet coolers, southbridge coolers, the uses for them are endless. Heck you could even stick one on the controller chip of your HDD. To attach them you could use Arctic Alumina.

and Welcome to the forums!

Back