• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-M boot problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tripwire

I just recently bought a Nf7-M, with a BFG 5600FX video card. When I got home I eagerly put the computer together, and turned it on. The monitor light with a light green, then turned auburn (as it does when there is no signal). so I switched the monitor to run off of the onboard video, same thing happened. After tryed to clear the bios and such, nothing worked. I can't seem to get it to work with or without the video card. There is no error beep or any beep what-so-ever. If it helps, when the computer is off, the little led at the bottom, is red, and when I turn on the computer, the red light stays solid, and a green light comes on and stays solid. I looked in the manual and there was nothing on the lights. Im at a loss right now, I have no idea what to do. Thank you in advance for help given.

That is normal for the lights....the red and green both on with power and red only if power is applied to the board but not turned on.

I have had a similar problem with a Soyo board and it turned out to be a resistor. RMA'd and repaired.

You might try re-installing your CPU and/or trying it out in a MB that you know is good to make sure the CPU is okay. I notice you have water cooling in your sig....is there a possibility it is leaking and shorting out? You might take the MB out of the case to make sure it is not shorting on anything. Also, check your PSU and make sure it is working okay. Test RAM one at a time to make sure they are okay. Try air cooling and see if it posts.

Other than that, I don't know. Hope this helps....

Back