• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How many 2500s have hit 2.2GHZ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kaltag

I've got a friend who wants a 3200 but doesn't like the 450 dollar price. So for ease of use as in no multiplier adjustment the 2500 makes good sense. I'm curious how many 2500s have hit 2.2GHZ on air. That's all I need. It'll have PC3200 on an MSI K7N2 Delta ILSR. Input welcome as always.

See my sig. :)

I actually have it running stable at 2301MHz (13 x 177) on a Gigabyte GA-7VAXP board. My heatsink is a Volcano 11+ with the Smart Fan II on full. See my other post for all my overclocking information. If the 2500 is unlocked, then adjusting the multiplier is the best way to get the speed up, depending on your friend's board. Some motherboards work better when you simply boost the FSB up. My advice: get the 2500, experiment with it, see how high you can get it. Go with a good ThermalRight heatsink, not my lousy Volcano. You should be able to reach 2.2GHz with the right cooling, even higher with great cooling. Good luck.

This may not have anything to do with a 2500+, but I've got my 2600+ running at 2.5 Ghz by just upping the multiplier...Check them out! It may not have the 512kb of L2 cache, but they overclock pretty well...

I have easily....I don't think many have not hit 2.2...so I would say with utmost confidence 2.2 is attainable ;)

kaltag said:
I'm curious how many 2500s have hit 2.2GHZ on air.

um, all. If they didn't it's the other parts of the system that stopped them.

Since I put a heatsink on my Southbridge, My Barton 2500 is running very stable at 2.133.

See my sig for specifics.

I'm gonna up it to 2.2 tonight.

Easy 2.2 at below stock voltage even. I am pretty sure that you may as well ask of how many _didn't_ do it, because most reach that speed with ease.

G|-|oST said:
Easy 2.2 at below stock voltage even. I am pretty sure that you may as well ask of how many _didn't_ do it, because most reach that speed with ease.

I can get 2.2 pretty easily but not at stock voltage. :( Takes 1.75v for mine.

RobP4P said:
<raises hand>

i've built 3 other 2500+ systems, and all do 2.2 with decent cooling

I have also built 3 systems with 2500+s, all of which have done 2.2 or higher on air very easily.

Yea me too, Xp2500+ @2200mhz with pretty poor cooling and 1.725Vcore. Would definetly get an Xp2500+ and mabye an Sk-7 with TT smart fan?? Should very easily achieve 2.2 - 2.4ghz.

My Xp2500+ was pretty much one of the first steppings, they have gotten better since then.... which is good :)

2500+AQXDA 0319mpmw "Y"

wp.gif

2200 here with 1.75ish volts, 2300 with 1.85 volts. Cant reall go higher, but i think its a voltage supply problem (need cooling on my vreg...)

I am running semi-stable (6 days between crashes, on full cpu load) at 2.000v at 13.5x167=2254.5 mhz and I have a AQUCA, which is a not very good overclocker. TT volcano 9 coolmod (LED wires annoyed me so I ripped 'em out) /w AS3 max speed, my temp is 58C at load (no clue if I don't have a load, I live to go up in the statistics system).

Back