• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dead NF7? HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Barnstormer

So last night I am doing a bit of OCing and after 1 try at a 166mhz FSB (unsucessful), the system give me a kinda groaning beep and hangs during startup. So, I shut it down, cleas CMOS like usual, and restart. But nothing happens. No POST, no BIOS, nothing. I have tried all the CMOS clearing tricks I can find, still no action.
On one startup attempt I got the siren-like beep (European police), but still no startup.

Anyone? Anything?
I am quite dissapointed, the board is only about a week old.

Thanks!
Brian

When you turn it on does everything get power and the 2 LEDs light up like everything is fine? If so then i think you have a corrupted bios.. You can buy a bios saving kit from Excaliberpc for 22$ if this is your prob.

My board does not have any LED's on it, as it is too early a version. I am pretty sureit is BIOS corruption. I might try to RMA it because it is only a week old. We'll see.

Back