• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

L3 bridge tampered. Why?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bigdogbmx

I just bought a t-bred b 1800 dlt3c second hand and it looks like the old owner has tried to connect one of the l3 bridges. Does anyone know what that does? It was the last one. ie the one closest to the middle. It shows up in bios as a 2000+ when its not could that be caused by this? Also I just started getting random reboots even at stock which is definitly not windows as I just reinstalled. Any advice would be a real help as Im lost. Thanks, George.

L3's adjust your default multi so he was obviously trying to do that. Normally the last L3 is adjusted to get to the higher multis (12.5 and above) though why he would just adjust the middle one is strange. Thing is the middle L3 on a XP1800 should be connected anyway - so maybe he blew it and the last L3 and then reconnected them later?

The showing up as 2000+ in the BIOS does nothing to do with what that guy was trying to do, my chip at stock 1700+ would show up as a 2000+ as well. This motherboard according to ASUS doesn't support Tbreds, now that's propably the reason for this.
As that last bridge is already connected I don't know what he was trying to achieve, I suggest you remove that tempering and see how high you can go with that CPU. One thing you should know tho. You can't go over x12.5 multi even tho you have the higher options in the BIOS, and even if u do a wire trick or blow the last L3 bridge to get the high multies, you won't be able to run at 133FSB with that board, just look at my sig. I'm talking from expirience, I've reverted back to 1800+ speeds so I wanted my 133FSB back. So I had to do a wire trick to undo the higher multi mod (blowing the last L3)

So blowing the last l3 ublocks the higher multis? I just tried to reconnect it with a pencil but I rebooted a few times so now im at 1000 mhz. Nice :eek: It seems to be ok for now but its gonna suk reconnecting that bridge. He hasnt cut accross it hes basically gouged a line between the pins. Thanks mate you really helped if you read this.

If you still have the lower end multies it doesn't really matter you can still set your original CPU speed or whatever by adjusting it in the BIOS.

Oh there's a solution. If you are on Jumperless mode you can set the multiplier via the dip switches and that multiplier will count for the default multi. so if you want ur default multi to be 11.5 just set it on the switches and you are set. In jumperless mode.

Nah setting the multis is ok its just that it reboots every ten minutes. I think its more the fsb because it stopped after it lowered it to 100. Do you know what cutting the last L3 would do then?

Why did you lower it to 100? It should really be at least 133. disconnecting the last L3 will give you multipliers from x15 and up, the x13-x14.5 will have a no boot

Because otehrwise it reboots all the time. So you think I should be able to get a 15 multi? I could use that to get 100x15 and have the ram at 133. Until I sort out the L3 anyway.

Running 100 x anything sucks bad, I suggest you don't bother, and just go as high as possible with what you have.

fair point. I found out the mobo only goes to 14.5 anyway conveniently so the bridge mod is no help. I will try easing the clock back up its at 110 now and stable so it might be ok. if i could get 15 multi is it pointless on a7v133?

I'll post a table with the multies you have to select.
I know you can go upto at least x20 with this board if you're set to high multi range, but you won't be able to use anything over 119FSB. And I think the PC will get unstable at about 115>

*EDIT:* Here's the multiplier list, basically if you do the wire trick like in here scroll down for the high range wire trick

x5 = x13 / But won't work
x5.5 = x13.5 / But won't work
x6 = x14 / But won't work
x6.5 = x14.5 / But won't work
x7 = x15
x7.5 = x22
x8 = x16
x8.5 = x16.5
x9 = x17
x9.5 = x18
x10 = x23
x10.5 = x24