• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

875pbzlk

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Muso

Registered
I have this board and found it to be very user UNfriendly. If any tweaks,tips, or any type of advice can be given other than BUT BUY ANOTHER BOARD :(, I would appreciate it very much so.
I guess I have first to ask, Will a bios update give other features such as overclocking features or anything else that may be remotely useful. I didnt want to update it and then find it to be of no use. If bios wont help I will just sale the board and try another one.
Its late, I will check back this afternoon and ask a little more.
Thx ahead of time for the input.

BTW...whats the LK stand for...I notice most boards jsut read PBZ..mine was listed as pbzLK. Just wondering.

You can't overclock Intel boards. Didn't you know that when you got it?

It has that +4% "Burn-in" feature that ltes you OC by 4% and this is the first time Intel has done anything like that.

The 875PBZ is actually a great board. It is super stable and is very fast, certainly one of the fastest, at default speeds.

The "LK" suffix is just Intel's order code appended onto the model number of the board.

Hi,

Just hold on. Intel might be releasing an OC software for its motherboards.

Agree with Ralf - The D875PBZ is one good board - super stable and fast at stock speeds. It also got rave reviews when it was launched. I think the LK refers to the order suffix for Gibait Lan integrated.

Got PBZ My self too, and weird problem: Just out of packet I installed P09 bios and no problems. Now there is P12 but I get Cmos checksum error no matter how I install it. I have downloaded 3 times new file and done upd from flobby, windows and bios recovery. Always checksum error and unstable board. Now I am back with P09 bios and everything works fine. Anybody with same experiences?

ariman said:
Got PBZ My self too, and weird problem: Just out of packet I installed P09 bios and no problems. Now there is P12 but I get Cmos checksum error no matter how I install it. I have downloaded 3 times new file and done upd from flobby, windows and bios recovery. Always checksum error and unstable board. Now I am back with P09 bios and everything works fine. Anybody with same experiences?

Yes, a lot of people. Just keep using P09.

You can get past that error just by going into the BIOS and making sure everything's still set right, saving and rebooting but that BIOS is still buggy. Some folks are getting "Bad_Pool_Caller" BSOD's with P12 too.

Back