• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KT600 kV7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BubbaTheHut

Registered
I have an NF7-S and it is the biggest pile ever. The eathernet doesn't work, mono channel speakers, and all of the usb is dead. So now i am looking in to a new mobo. I was wondering if you have heard anything about the KV7 good or bad. Does it have pci lock? Most VIA chipsets dont. Thank you for you time.

LOL u called your nf7-s **** LOL cool man but got to say i got this board a few days ago and im loving it i wouldnt get the kt600 just RMA your nf7-s is u didnt break it yourself :)

No PCI Locks, no matter what MoBo Manufacturer you go with none of them will have PCI Locks on a KT600 board no matter what they advertise.

That's right, no VIA chipsets have PCI locks. But i still think the KT600 is a pretty good chipset. It might not be as good as the nForce but it's still a worthy competitor.

I know, its still early for the KT600 & I'm sure after a few revisions it'll be better IF ABIT decides to support this product line. One thing really annoying with current MoBos out there is that if you have PATA drives & you want to go RAID you will have to buy adaptors & thats an added $50(for 2) on the KV7.

I tryed to RMA my board and they said to get the RMA# off of www.abit-usa.com. But the best part is that part of their site is down. And now the abid punks wont help me. So i duno if i wanna go with them again! Maybe just send a mail bomb.

i have had my board for almost 9 months and it dident crap out tell now. Wait tell your bios goes when your trying to save to it. And it locks up. Happend to me 3 times....... stupid bios......

Whatever your problems with your current board I hope doesnt push you over the edge:beer: HERE is something you should read about the KT600.

I think its something to do with the v1.2. i bought a v2 but i gave it to my buddy cuz he sold his mobo and he needed a new one. My friend also had a v1.2 nothing but a bios from HE**!!! But he still has usb.....

BubbaTheHut, you said that the ABIT eRMA website was down when you tried to access it. You probably need to disable your Anti-Virus software and your Internet Firewall software. I had problems accessing their website until I tried disabling both of these on my home computer. Just don't forget to re-enable them when you are done.

BTW, I have had very good success with the ABIT RMA process myself.

Back