• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TH7-RAID resurrected from the dead!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

strokeside

Was bored last week so went back to see if I could find out what was wrong with my old TH7-RAID mobo, (the one that woudln't work after my pump sprayed water all over it).

I looked around at the chips on it and found corrosion on some of the pins of some of the chips. The water and its additives must have corroded it. The corrosion was joining some pins to the ones beside them, so I scrapped it off with a small screw-driver, connected everything up and hey-hey!, a 2nd spare mobo.

All I gotta do now is figure what to do with it, have no CPU, GFX card or RAM for it. Any suggestions? As I already have a spare TH7II-RIAD mobo.

How in the heck are you able to get SDRAM into a TH7??? That's a RDRAM board.

steve

Fine, have it your way steve.

I have old RDRAM that I'm throwing in my TH7, and upon closer inspection it is PC800.

Also yanking my old 80gig external maxtors out of their cases and setting up a RAID-0. Should get interesting.

I've already got my TH7II-RAID set up with RDRAM and a RAID(0) array, maybe I'll use it to start doing Voltage mods on, which if safe, I can apply to the TH7II board as well.

Back