• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which MB with nForce2 Ultra 400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ninj

Registered
What are the MB from ABIT, MSI, LEADTEK, that are based on the nForce2 Ultra 400?
Which ones do you advise me for the BArton 2500+?

Thx!

or if you don't need all that crap that comes with boards get a chaintech 7njl3/4 (400/ultra 400)... 65usd... can't beat that... serious... use the money you saved to get a m-audio 7.1 ... best audio on the market so far... if not you could still get an audigy...

i've also got a nf7-s 2.0... great board also... better than vonkaar's msi for sure... :rolleyes:

but anyways... whats ur budget?

Last edited:
Shrug... that's very debatable. The nf7-s 2.0 has better overclocking potential, 'fer sure' but is missing out on several of the 'nice' features that the MSI board has. Plus, beige motherboards are SOOoooo 2001... red is IN! Since the poster didn't specify which features he/she's looking for... it's hard to say which is the best.

dunno,... yeah.. msi is decent, but i got a real bad 875 from them that lit on fire so i'm kinda still hating all things msi at this point...

but seriously, no's really actually gotten down with a 65 dollar board around here.. cause my chaintech rocks... the bios has almost no options whatsoever... only "change time?" and "disable ide?" its hilarious... no temp monitoring, no voltage adjustments, nothing... you know the menu that tells you about fan rpm's? its not there... at all...

but i do get cas settings though.... and i get the option of disabling com ports... so basically this is about as barebones as it can get... but the thing rocks... i've got it hard-volt modded to do 2.0v and its rock solid at 230 fsb... dunno why... oh yeah, its also got fsb adjustments, but somehow doesn't have the ability to decide if its got a cpu and all... its hilarious, i can get to post and it says "cpu not found" if i don't pluig in a cpu and boot the thing... its also got boot from usb for some reason, but i gotta say.. this is an awesome board... never seen anything like it...

Haha...
that lit on fire
I can understand that =p. I'm a big fan of Chaintech also... I've never used any of their lower-priced boxes, but their upper-end MBs are pretty sweet deals... especially for the amount of 'extras' you get... round-IDE cables... 5.1 audio port... free Saab9-5... lots of freebies!

i'm raving about em' cause right after a round of osama-bin-bios-death-o-kill-ur-board session from some extreme fsb's actually getting a board that would POST no matter what is just a kick...

i mean it ALWAYS posts... and tells me stuff like "cpu not found" if it need more voltage and "insert memory" or "memory not compatible" if the fsb is too high or it needs more cas... which is just hilarious... its SOOO much easier finding ur max with this thing i'm starting to wonder why no one else uses this board...

i mean, whens the last time you've got a board that you could post with no cpu? i dunno about the more expensive chaintechs, but these cheap boards just rock...

There are many choices and around here you are bound to find someone who prefers one over any other. :)

My choice was the Epox 8rda+ Rev 2.

$83 brand new, and the board is good enough that it got an XP1700 chip that NEVER was stable over 1750 (and never made it to 1.8) running at 1830 completely stable. :)

Funny thing- every time I look at mobo's in the last few years Epox always has one that is among the lowest priced yet among the best overclocker's.

ya 8rda= 2.0 is a good choice. so its nf7-s. if you are a poor guy you can go with that biostar one at newegg. its like 50 bucks or 60 after rebate ($10 rebate).

Definitely the abit. If money's not an issue, get the one with the Soundstorm audio processor (not regular AC57 processor). It's as good if not better than an Audigy and has integrated Dolby decoders. I want to use a Micro-ATX nforce2 with SS in my planned total immersion system.

Back