• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

80mm fans?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quatney

I'm getting a ANTEC Performance PLUS Model PLUS1080AMG Case and it comes with 3 80mm fans. It also will accept a front fan and HD fan of the same size.

My question is, will any 80mm fan fit in there, or do I need to make sure that the depth is not too big. I can't seem to find any info on that specification.

I want some Vantech fans, but I'm not sure if they will be too big. Any one running this case that can help me out?

i dont see why depth would be a problem and why antec would make it so you can only use certain fans. Im pretty sure you can fit any 80mm fan in there

i'm pretty sure only 80x25mm fans will fit in there with the supplied purple bracket. with minimal modding you could fit the larger fans in there, such as vantec tornadoes and the like.

EDIT: i'm talking minimal modding in the lower front. behind the HD bracket, it's going to be near impossible to fit a 38mm fan (such as a tornado) in there.

I agree with pummer, i dont think the deeper 80mm fans will fit in the brackets but it really would take very little modding to get them to fit. The best way to do it would probably be to do away with the brackets themselves all together and drill for small holes through the case and bolt the fans to the case that way.

Great, I was thinking of getting a few tornado's anyway, but I wasn't sure.

Do you think I'll have problems with the fan in front of the HD, with the cage being right there?

Back