• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1700+ results with a little tweaking.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LBJGH

OK I didn't run prime95 but sweet results for an air cooled 1466mhz CPU. :D

1.jpg

2.57GHz...... wow im impressed you managed to get it that high on air, whats temps do you have and what voltage did it take to get it to that? I now you said you didnt run prime but have you tried to see if it is stable?

yep rock solid at 179x14=2505 or 166x15=2500mhz.

Previously I had an AIW9700pro which didn't like high AGP speeds. Since I have a KT333 motherboard the best I could do was about 170mhz fsb.

Last Night I thought I'd try high fsb on my 9800pro and was amazed that I could go as high as 185mhz fsb without video corruption.

I'm using the wire-in-socket method to get multipliers above 12.5x so switching from 15x to 14x required pulling the HSF/CPU and moving 5 tiny wires.

I think I've hit the sweet spot at 14x179. :D

I don't prefer higher multipliers over higher fsb, it is just that with the KT333 motherboards you cannot lock the AGP/PCI like in the NF2 mobo's. Plus if I did get a new motherboard I'd have to get new memory. It ain't worth spending $400can for a new motherboard and memory to get a few more fps.

Although I have hit 215mhz fsb with my current motherboard and an old video card, the new 9x00 series of ATI video cards don't like high AGP speeds that basically limit me to 185mhz fsb.

I know the CPU will run at 2500mhz so I had to work backwards from the top speed and my max AGP speed so:
2500/185=13.5 I choose 14x so I'd have a bit of wiggle room with the fsb/agp/pci speeds.

:eek:

mata2974 said:
Looks cool, I wonder why you prefer a high multiplier rather than high FSB for more bandwidth:rolleyes:

Back