• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X rev.2 & Barton2.5+ stuck with 166fsb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

frank04

Hi! I just upgraded my system and the first thing I tried is to clock my barton2500+ to "10x200fsb" for my 1st o/c step. It just can't do 200fsb, stuck with 166, resulting with '10x166' after a POST when I enter '10x200' in the bios ...any other fsb number higher then 166 is doing 166mhz (even if I try 133fsb, it post with 166!!). Btw, i've the revision 2 with bios #1005. When I try to flash my bios to u1004-final or 1006, I receive the message "Flash ROM is Write-Protected. Please make sure whether lockout jumpers is set to correct or not." So, im stuck with that bios too!

Can someone help, plz, im not very happy with that at all...
TX

512mb Corsair XMS3200 ddr400
120g Sata West.Digital SE 7200 8mb
30g Ibm Desktar 7200
Onboard 6chan. sound
KDS XFlat 19"
Win XP Pro sp1

Welcome to the forums

First, you will need to go into bios and set the "enable bios update" to enable. Also make sure you use the bios for the 2.0 board, the 2.0 board bios' start with the letter "C".

You didn't state what v-core you were running, you may try to raise it to 1.775v or 1.8v if you have adequate cooling. Set your system performance setting to "user defined", this will enable you to select the fsb in 1mhz increments. Also set the ram to 100%. The earlier boards didn't run too good with the ram out of sync.

Hope some of this helped.

Jim

First, I've tried to set the voltage to 1.775 to get the 200fsb to work, but I still Post with a 166fsb.....so strange!

And then, I don't see any "enable bios update" or something similar in my bios #1005....so, I still can't flash my bios...

ah man.......

there's a setting that you have to turn on to enable Ocing.. i forgot what it was called but its in advanced system settings or something liek that ;x hehe =d

Does your bios discard all changes when you restart or just your processor frequency?

I am able to run 10 X 200 MHz at stock voltages with 1005 bios, I wonder if one of your jumpers might be causing this?

...just my processor frequency! Any fsb# will stick to 166 after exiting the bios.

...and I still can't upgrade my bios. It seems to be protected, but we do not have this option in our bios...

So, after many searchs and reads over forums and faqs, I still don't have any solution (I even changed my cmos battery), so I'm thinking of exchanging that mobo, but I'll have to wait 3 to 5 weeks, cause it's by mail....I always though I would never have to do this:( ...

Thanks everyone for your help...

Back