• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Epoxy of other to mount NF7-S SB cooler?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Grimdeath

Epoxy or other to mount NF7-S SB cooler?

I just ordered the Zalman ZM-NB32J for my NF7-S southbridge. For those of you that have done this, should I use the supplied thermal epoxy or use some Ceramique with dabs of adhesive in the corners (or, lastly, thermal adhesive pads)?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
i used the superglue in the 4 corners with my ZM-NB32J and works great. thermal adhesive pads should be the last option.

Did you use AS3 over the central area not covered by the superglue?
I ask because AS3 and other "pastes" are known to become liquidy and less effective over time; the epoxy seems pretty permanent.

mine is permanent but works...i used some as3 in the center and some arctic alumina epoxy around the outter edge's to hold it...its holding nice and solid...it also took care of my crackling noise's in cs...

Just go ahead and use the epoxy supplied. It does the job just fine, atleast it has for mine (Hey that rhymed...). Good luck.

i used the superglue in the 4 corners with my ZM-NB32J and works great. thermal adhesive pads should be the last option.
i would go with this option as well

i will be doing the same thing once i make mine permenant but by doing it this way you can still remove the cooler if need be.
i will be trying out shin etsu g751 wich is less liquide like to see how it works even though its suposed to be more efficient at much higher temps ( the only recomended thermal compound for amd BY amd).

Sheesh. Just use epoxy. Freezers let you remove it if need be... and superglue + as3 is a real pain when you need to change the as3.

you can also mix the thermal compund with the epoxy . the holding power of the epoxy wont be as stron but the thermal conduction will be better .

Back