• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AsusP4C800-Deluxe/Corsair3200DLL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ceylon

Registered
Hi, at first... sorry about my english... ;)

I have the following configuration:

Asus P4C800 Deluxe
Pentium 2.6 HT
1024 MB Corsair TWINX1024-3200DLL RAM

I've overclocked my PC at 20% per bios. So i've got a 3.122 Ghz CPU. But if i test my memory bandwith with SiSoft Sandra, i only become 80% bandwith efficieny (4000MB/s).

My SPD is on...

what must i do, to become better memory bandwith?

You need to increase your FSB to bring up those bandwith scores, the best way to overclock is do it manually not with the AI feature.

Dont worry too much about the bandwith efficiency score, when I test mine it does the same thing. Just get it overclocked with the best FPS memory ratio and timings you can get, dont let some score make you believe your system isnt fast enough.

At stock speeds for my 2.8 I get 74% efficency, when I had it at 220 FSB I was around 80% also.

Ceylon said:
How can i increase my FSB? Witch Benchmark-Test ist the best?

FSB is increased by setting it in your bios settings. If you dont know what your doing then you shouldnt mess with it.

Overclocking should NOT be done till you fully understand how and what to do. It isnt hard to do but you need to me informed and fully understand before you try it.

You want to know and understand all of your timings dividers voltages etc etc before you jump into manual overclocking. Once again it is not hard but you should know what to set try and tweak before you go messing around with BIOS settings.

Sandra is an ok program to use memtest is also good to use.

WaTaGuMp said:

Overclocking should NOT be done till you fully understand how and what to do. It isnt hard to do but you need to me informed and fully understand before you try it.

very nice speech :)

btw u can learn something about overclocking , here on this forum

Ceylon said:
Ok i understand. Do you know the cas latency values for my rams in combination with my mainboard?

The Corsair DDR3200 is rated to run at DDR400 at 2 3 3 6 for the C2 sticks.

For the LL you can just try different settings and see if it works try 2 2 2 5 see what happens, if that doesnt work then you try more relaxed timings like what the C2 sticks are rated at.

The thing is if your try those and you fail the overclock of the memory the board might ask you to flash the BIOS back again from the CD, another thing you need to know how to do.

Dont freak out though flashing the Asus BIOS should be just a matter of putting the CD in and letting the computer do its thing. I have the Asus P4C800-E and thats how mine works, so your should be the same.

I doesn't understand it... if i overclock per bios to 20% my memory was detected at the startmenue to 266Mhz. Do you know why?

Wich V Settings are the best 2 run this system with the boxed Cooler? How can i run my system with 3.1 Ghz and a memory speed of 400Mhz?

Ok, i changed it manualy:

CPU ex auf 245
Dram 320
AGP auto
CPU V-Core auto
DDR auto
AGP 1.5v

The System runs with 3.18 Gig

Word... & Thanx! :D

But why must i make the Rams to 320... that's the Fact i don't understand.

Ceylon said:
Ok, i changed it manualy:

CPU ex auf 245
Dram 320
AGP auto
CPU V-Core auto
DDR auto
AGP 1.5v

The System runs with 3.18 Gig

Word... & Thanx! :D

But why must i make the Rams to 320... that's the Fact i don't understand.

You run it at 320 to slow the RAM down, at 320 your running a 5:4 ratio. This allows higher FSB for the CPU without pushing your RAM to where it CANT run at.

DDR400 = 1:1 ratio for every 1 increase in FSB you increase your memory 1 also.

At DDR320 or 5:4 ratio every 5 FSB for the CPU = 4 for the RAM

At DDR266 or 3:2 ratio every 3 FSB for the CPU = 2 for the RAM.

The ratios allow you to keep the memory in spec to where it can safely run, some RAM will run higher FSB at 1:1 some have to use 5:4. Its all about testing to see what your system can do.

Not all systems will run the same even if you have the EXACT hardware as the next person. The best thing to do is buy good RAM a good mobo have good cooling and hope you get a CPU that will overclock well.

Back