• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best motherboard and RAM for 2.4c OC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ped

I'd like some opinions on what board and RAM will be best able to bring a 2.4C to a successful overclock. I am considering the Asus P4C800-E (new deluxe with Intel gigabit) and the P4P800 (or deluxe). Are there other boards that are recommended? What RAM is the best and lowest cost for this, but that is fast enough to avoid problems or holding back the CPU?

Personally, i would go with the asus p4p800-e, it is an awesome board, havn't had any problems with it since i got it. for the RAM I would go with either kingston hyper-x or corsair XMS. DDR 400 shoud do, unles you want to run the memory in sync with the fsb.

I ordered the P4P800 - hopefully there is nothing significant I'm missing with that board compared to the P4P800-E - I already have an Audigy card so I have firewire if that is one feature it has. Is there any reason I wouldn't be happy with the P4P800?

Back