• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System won't post after bios flash

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wtrman

Registered
I flashed my bios, now i just get a memory error then nothing. The bios flash seemed to go fine. Any suggestions would be a help, i allready reset cmos and romoved battery. I also checked to make sure everything was seated properly. Please give me whatever help you can.:eek:

Sorry i just noticed i never updated my signature...lol the board is the asus nforce2 deluxe v 1.2

Will the board boot at all? You say you're getting a mem error, do you see that on screen and nothing else or is the mem error the speech post reporter sound?

If you see bios checsum error on the screen, you may be able to reflash. You'll need a floppy disk with the awdflash.exe file and the bios file you wish to use. Do not use the bios files that start with the letter "C", they are for the rev 2.0 boards only. Make your floppy with those two files on it only, put the disk in the floppy drive and start the system and it should automatically flash the bios for you if it's recoverable.

Back