• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DL3TC and voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cbakey

I have seen a some post about how people have had there proccessers on a stable OC with more than 1.9 vcore and they have lost there OC over time, would this be becouse 1.85 volts + is just too much for the t-bread b cores, espically the DL3TC, and they just fail over time no matter what the cooling and what the temps are running at. I have seen a few when the OC only lasted for a few months, if i am right a proccesser at all stock speeds and voltages it should last about 10 years, but OCing shouldnt kill the life of it down to a few months, I am coming to the conclustion that the high (higher than 1.9) volatages are killing the DL3TCs, and some other proccessers, am i right about this, and is there and articles published buy AMD about this?

You are correct. The short answer is that higher voltage exponentially speed up the electromigration processor in the CPU, causing it to degrade rapidly. Don't expect AMD to publish anything about running out of spec.

So, if we would want are proccessers to last at a Good OC we should not take them over 1.85 or so volts?

From what ive been hearing 1.8v and over seems to be the point where cpu's start degrading noticably.

Even still , your getting fantastic performance from a cheap chip - wouldnt it be just as easy to push it to its limits, and buy another when its gone??

Got a cheap Xp3000+ myself and am waiting on W/C to push it. I personally have no probs about pushing to 1.85v , over that im a bit warey......:eek:

I think that $64 is a good amount of money for a chip that might not last for more than 2-3 months, but i do think that my $64 was well spent on my DL3TC, i would like it to last at least a year, not just a few months. That means that the OC wasnt compilty stable if it cant run for a long time, 6 months or more, or at least that is my opioin.

Personally, I think $64 for a DLT3C XP1700+ is perhaps the best processor value available.

Regarding longevity, follow your own rules and keep Vcore below 1.85V.

Mine is running 222 X 11 @ 1.775Vcore Prime95-stable. It just beats the snot out of the XP2500+ it replaced, for less money.

Back