• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question about wiring fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sucky noob

i am building my own water cooling system from scratch, and i have no idea how i am going to incorporate fans into my homemade radiator. how do i wire a couple of, say, 80mm fans into an ac adapter?

OR

my fountain pump comes with an attached light, is there any way i can wire 2 fans into that? thanks for your help

welcome to the forums noob!

i would suggest you to buy regular fans,plug them into the power supply/motherboard, and attach the fans to the radiator. that would be way easier then wiring it to another source.

and i doubt u need fans on your pump. if it really gets that hot, you should buy another pump.

last, you should post this in the watercooling section because they migth be more knowledgeable then the fan people

Wire any fans directly into molexes to the PSU. The yellow from the PSU is 12v, which should match to the colored wire on the fan. The black on the fan should match to the black closest to the yellow from the PSU. Also, look for at least 120mm fans for a rad, they work really well.

About the pump, some cheaper ones, like the Via Aqua, might need a bit of cooling to run inline. It's cheaper to prolong its life with a fan than to go get an Eheim.

Back